Check out this link or follow the instructions below
Ingredients for Energy Bar
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder, (optional: regular cocoa powder)
- 1.5 cups pitted dates
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional: goji berries, dried cherries
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil
Instructions for Energy Bars/Balls
- Put your pitted dates in the food processor and puree until they’re smooth.
- Add coconut oil, cocoa powder, cinnamon, flax seed, and vanilla. Pulse a few times until they’re combined.
- Add almonds and walnuts and pulse again. Depending on how fine you want the texture of the nuts, be careful not to pulse too many times.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Transfer the date mixture to a pan lined with wax paper. Press the mixture down with a large wooden spoon until they’re about half an inch thick. Cover with Saran wrap and chill in refrigerator until they’re hard. Cut into squares.
Tips for Blending Dates
Note: Some of my readers have expressed concern with blending the date. I used a high-power processor, such as the “Ninja” to blend the dates. If you are having trouble getting the dates to grind to forma sticky paste, try adding the coconut oil in the first step. Or, soak the the dates in warm water to soften them.
Also, the dates should become a sticky paste which helps to hold the bars together. If you want a less sweeter taste, just decrease the amount of dates, and add more coconut oil.
INSTRUCTIONS: Blend the dates until you reach a smooth consistency. Add cocoa powder and flax seed and blend until smooth. Pulse the nuts together, but not too blended. Add the cranberries or dried fruit. place in jar and refrigerate!.